Friday, May 9, 2008

Mothers Day

There is so much beauty in the world! I am starting to see it more and more. Even the pain has a sort of tragically beautiful tone. Mother's day is going to be hard this year, but then again it was hard last year too. Last year we were in the NICU, this year...well, its much more concrete isn't it?
 
I am so thankful to have experienced being a mother. I remember thinking "look at those perfect little hands, I cant believe I made them, he came from me!" I would look at him in awe. Amazing beauty that came from God but was made by me (okay well his dad DID have something to do with it) ;). There will never be a love that can equal that of the love you feel for your child. I am honored to not only have been Hunter's mother here on earth, but I am honored to be a mother to his amazing spirit, his cherished memory and the beautiful soul that is still with us today.

I wanted to share this poem with you that i found posted online, I don't know who wrote it but its beautiful and I hope it touches your heart.


WHAT MAKES A MOTHER

"What makes a Mother?" I wondered as I thought of you today. I closed my eyes, I prayed to God and I could hear him say...

"A Mother has a child, this you know is true."

I asked "God, can you be a mother...when your baby's not with you?"

"Yes, you can." He replied with confidence in his voice.
"I give many women babies, when they leave is not their choice.
Some I send for a lifetime, others for a day, some I send to feel your womb, but
with no need to stay."

"I just don't understand this! God I want my baby here!" He took a breath and 
cleared his throat, then I saw a tear...

"I wish that I could show you, what your child is doing today. If only you could 
see your child smile with all the other children and say"...

"We go to Earth to learn our lessons of love, life and fear. 
My mommy loved me so much! I got to come straight here! 
I feel so lucky to have a mom, who had so much love for me...
I learned my lesson quickly and then my mommy set me free! 
I miss my mommy, oh so much but I visit her each day. 
When she goes to sleep at night, on her pillow is where I lay.
 I stroke her hair, I kiss her cheek and whisper in her ear." 
"Mommy don't be sad today, I'm your baby and I am here..."

"So you see my dear sweet one, your child is okay. 
Your babies are here, in my home, and this is where they will stay. 
They'll wait here with me until your lessons on Earth are through. 
On the day you come home, they will be at the gates waiting for you."

"Now you see what makes a Mother, its the feeling in your heart. 
It is the love you had so much of, right from the very start."

-Unknown


HAPPY MOTHERS DAY! to all the mothers everywhere and especially to those that have babies on the other side.

-A





No comments: